Saturday 6 December 2014

KHH - Both the Naughtiest & Loveliest Man!

I've mentioned before, in previous years they joy of working with Mr Kit Hesketh Harvey!  Not only is Kit impressive as a panto villain and much loved by the audiences of Guildford, but he is also another member of the team, that make this job such a pleasure.

I've always enjoyed the naughtiness of the man!  He, like PG and myself, likes to have a giggle.  There will be some cheeky ad libs thrown in - which are always far stronger than anyonelse, and perhaps the odd bum squeeze just as you walk on stage!  It's tit for tat!  

For people who aren't familiar with Kit's 'out of Panto' work, you are missing out on a treat!!  Formerly part of 'Kit & The Widow" and now 'Kit & McConnel' his cabaret act is sublime!  His songs are funny, intelligent and sometimes tear jerking!  

It is Kit's outstanding intellect that makes him so funny!  He is always one step ahead of the game!  We always joke that I am always "Brook off book" and that he never knows his lines until the third week of the run.  The truth however is that if anything went wrong on stage it would be Kit who was first to the punch with witty ad libs or audience rapport.  He genuinely is a master at it and if you try and out do him... beware!!!  You could plan for days a way of catching him out or making him corpse... but I assure you, before the audience have even started to laugh - he would have several comebacks lined up!  I'm extremely envious of this skill!

I'm thrilled this year, as I mentioned to be on the lower floor of dressing rooms.  This means I'm closer to both PG and Kit.  The laughs and banter flow constantly, and Kit is always a welcome guest to your dressing room!  He's bound to make you smile!

The three of us are fans of decanters, and passing a particular shop the other morning I noted some beautiful decanters in the window.  I told Kit, thinking he would probably head up there and snap them up for himself.

On opening night however there came a knock on the door;  it was kit with one of the decanters I'd picked out as particularly pretty and unusual.  He'd gone and bought it for me, with a "Snow White 2014" label.  The sherry will definitely be going in to that!!  I was so touched and genuinely surprised!  Such a kind gesture and so selfless.

He keeps me laughing throughout rehearsals and the run, both on stage and off and has a heart of gold!  The wonderful KHH!

JX

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for leaving a comment!
If you've enjoyed reading Muddles Memoirs, please take a look at "The Pongo Diaries" and "Brummie Buttons Blog" for previous years.