Monday 1 December 2014

Home Sweet Home.... Again!

"Coming home to my family afterward makes the work richer, easier and more fun."

{Edie Falco}

Finally... the time has come and today I moved back in to the Yvonne Arnaud theatre!

I've come down a floor this year... to the 'Grown Ups' level.  I don't know whether this is a compliment or not, but I'm chuffed as I'm next door to PG and Kit.  It also means I have two flights of stairs less to climb this year... much appreciated after two manic slosh scenes.  

What is extra special to me personally about 'the move' is that I have now become the resident of Dressing Room #4... the former room of my hero Mr Royce Mills.  I hope Royce wouldn't mind the fact I'm in his room... I've been rubbing on lots of Tiger Balm, as that is the smell I associate with this room and Royce over Panto!

Of course being in the theatre meant it was time to pull out the decorations and get the Grotto made up!  I always like to leave myself a little message for when I open the box.  It's the simple things!   

I had the Christmas Music echoing along the corridor and stayed quite later after our call to decorate my dresing room.  There is tinsel, my Pano tree, hanging decs and sweets for guests.  I think my dressing room grotto has become a bit of a thing as all the crew, FOH staff and cast members were popping down to see the work in progress.


My poor ol' Panto tree is starting to look a bit tatty now.... it is 10 years old!!  But I still think it looks beautiful!!!  At least now I feel 'at home' and that Christmas has really begun!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
JB x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for leaving a comment!
If you've enjoyed reading Muddles Memoirs, please take a look at "The Pongo Diaries" and "Brummie Buttons Blog" for previous years.