Saturday 29 November 2014

A Bike, A Bike! My Kingdom for a Bike!

"Be careful what you wish for!"


I thought I'd share this little rehearsal shot with you.  We have a wonderful chase scene as I have mentioned, brilliantly choreographed by Gerry and Jill.  

Gerry had suggested that I should come across the stage on a bike with a policemans flashing helmet.  great I thought... more giggles!  I told them that my old bike was still in storage in the Arnaud watersheds, but also suggested that the bike should be a small one, kind of like a clown, for added humour. 

Liza bought in one of her son, Samuel's old bikes, as seen above.  I jumped on!  And soon fell off again!  I couldn't ride it.  We were in fits of laughter as I struggled to pedal across the rehearsal room.  Vicky suggested that we have a competition to see who can ride it best.  So bad was I, that I had to simple push myself along with my legs.

Before the producers run, Liza tried to help me, saying I needed to spread my legs out a bit further, but still no join.

"Well....!"  Said Gerry, loud enough for all to hear!  "You asked for a little bike so you'd better learn!" with a wry smile on his face.  Thankfully, I think I've got the hang of it now... I just need a bit of a push off!!

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for leaving a comment!
If you've enjoyed reading Muddles Memoirs, please take a look at "The Pongo Diaries" and "Brummie Buttons Blog" for previous years.