Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Eagle Has Landed

Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. Rollo May
We have touchdown... The script is out and has landed on our doormats!! I believe everyone received their scripts whilst I was in SA.  Mine had been delayed, so not to clog up our post box whilst we were away.  It was however delivered yesterday, that thick brown envelope, full of every actors hopes and expectations.
They finally get to see if all the rumours are true.  "Will I be in that scene? Have they given me a solo number? Do I get to say that favourite line?" And of course.... "Will I be getting much time off during rehearsals?" I think most actors always have a quick flick through initially just to see how much they will be featured.  I know I always do.  
I always mark my entrances with mini coloured post-it's just so I can see when I come on and how long I have before my next scene.  I find it helps, just as others like to highlight their lines.  I personally don't do this, as I was once told "it's better to read the script as a whole rather than individual lines!" 
I've got plenty to keep me occupied this year again.  I can't wait to start rehearsals.  I've got a lot of business with PG this year which I'm really looking forward to.  As readers from previous years may recall, I've mentioned that PG likes to play and is always up for a giggle.  The best thing about working with PG is even when things are going wrong and we may crack up on stage, the audience are always part of the joke and everyone on stage can feel safe.


Anyone that lives in or around Guildford, will know that PG is very passionate and proud about Guildford and his place in it.  He is a firm favourite with  the local people, and whether it be through his radio show or his involvement with local projects, his presence is always felt and appreciated. He doesn't turn his back when the 'On Air' light goes off either!
The man is also on a mission!!  A mission to increase the profile of the Arnaud Panto and to get local shops and businesses supporting the local theatre.  Why would people be profiling theatres 10 or miles away but yet unwilling to display an Arnaud poster?  Well PG is determined to put this right and I have to say I think he's winning.  No wonder we all call him "Mr Guildford!"
Panto wouldn't be the same for me without PG.  But enough about him.... We won't get his (or should I say her) head through the town hall doors come to the big switch on!!
JB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for leaving a comment!
If you've enjoyed reading Muddles Memoirs, please take a look at "The Pongo Diaries" and "Brummie Buttons Blog" for previous years.